This study is provided by ICPSR. ICPSR provides leadership and training in data access, curation, and methods of analysis for a diverse and expanding social science research community.
Census of Population and Housing, 2000 [United States]: Summary File 1 Supplement, States (ICPSR 13566)
The SF1 Supplement file was created for three reasons: (1) to provide users with urban/rural data at the block level (not available on the Summary File 1 State files [ICPSR #3194]), (2) to provide users and American FactFinder with a source for updating SF1 tables P2 and H2 with urban and rural summary counts for all SF1 state summary levels, and (3) to provide users with SF1 tables P2 and H2 for three summary levels (085, 090, and 100) that were not available prior to urban/rural delineation.
The public-use data files in this collection are available for access by the general public. Access does not require affiliation with an ICPSR member institution.
WARNING: Because this study has many datasets, the download all files option has been suppressed, and you will need to download one dataset at a time.
WARNING: This study is over 150MB in size and may take several minutes to download on a typical internet connection.
United States Department of Commerce. Bureau of the Census. Census of Population and Housing, 2000 [United States]: Summary File 1 Supplement, States . ICPSR13566-v2. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 2013-05-24. http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR13566
Persistent URL: http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR13566.v2
Scope of Study
Geographic Coverage: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, United States, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
(1) The data are provided in two segments (files) per states. These files are the Geographic Header and Tables P2 and H2. The Geographic Header file is in fixed-format ASCII and the Table file is in comma-delimited ASCII format. The Geographic Header has 83 variables and Table files have 17 variables. The combined data file will have 95 variables. (2) The codebook is provided by the principal investigator as a Portable Document Format (PDF) file. The PDF file format was developed by Adobe Systems Incorporated and can be accessed using PDF reader software, such as the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Information on how to obtain a copy of the Acrobat Reader is provided on the ICPSR Web site.
Extent of Processing: ICPSR data undergo a confidentiality review and are altered when necessary to limit the risk of disclosure. ICPSR also routinely creates ready-to-go data files along with setups in the major statistical software formats as well as standard codebooks to accompany the data. In addition to these procedures, ICPSR performed the following processing steps for this data collection:
- Created variable labels and/or value labels.
Original ICPSR Release: 2003-12-11
- 2013-05-24 Multiple Census data file segments were repackaged for distribution into a single zip archive per dataset. No changes were made to the data or documentation.
- 2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 77 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
- 2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 76 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
- 2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 75 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
- 2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 74 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
- 2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 73 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
- Citations exports are provided above.
Export Study-level metadata (does not include variable-level metadata)
If you're looking for collection-level metadata rather than an individual metadata record, please visit our Metadata Records page.