This study is provided by ICPSR. ICPSR provides leadership and training in data access, curation, and methods of analysis for a diverse and expanding social science research community.
Census of Population and Housing, 2000 [United States]: Summary File 3, Florida (ICPSR 13351)
Principal Investigator(s): United States Department of Commerce. Bureau of the Census
Summary File 3 contains sample data, which is the information compiled from the questions asked of a sample of all people and housing units in the United States. Population items include basic population totals as well as counts for the following characteristics: urban and rural, households and families, marital status, grandparents as caregivers, language and ability to speak English, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship status, year of entry, migration, place of work, journey to work (commuting), school enrollment and educational attainment, veteran status, disability, employment status, industry, occupation, class of worker, income, and poverty status. Housing items include basic housing totals and counts for urban and rural, number of rooms, number of bedrooms, year moved into unit, household size and occupants per room, units in structure, year structure built, heating fuel, telephone service, plumbing and kitchen facilities, vehicles available, value of home, and monthly rent and shelter costs. The Summary File 3 population tables are identified with a "P" prefix and the housing tables are identified with an "H," followed by a sequential number. The "P" and "H" tables are shown for the block group and higher level geography, while the "PCT" and "HCT" tables are shown for the census tract and higher level geography. There are 16 "P" tables, 15 "PCT" tables, and 20 "HCT" tables that bear an alphabetic suffix on the table number, indicating that they are repeated for nine major race and Hispanic or Latino groups. There are 484 population tables and 329 housing tables for a total of 813 unique tables.
The public-use data files in this collection are available for access by the general public. Access does not require affiliation with an ICPSR member institution.
WARNING: Because this study has many datasets, the download all files option has been suppressed, and you will need to download one dataset at a time.
WARNING: This study is over 150MB in size and may take several minutes to download on a typical internet connection.
U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of the Census. CENSUS OF POPULATION AND HOUSING, 2000 [UNITED STATES]: SUMMARY FILE 3, FLORIDA. Washington, DC: U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of the Census [producer], 2002. Ann Arbor, MI: Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research [distributor], 2002. http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR13351.v1
Persistent URL: http://doi.org/10.3886/ICPSR13351.v1
Scope of Study
Subject Terms: census data, demographic characteristics, employment, ethnicity, families, household composition, households, housing, housing conditions, income, population, population characteristics, rural areas, urban areas
Date of Collection:
Universe: All persons in housing units in Florida in 2000.
Data Types: census/enumeration data
Data Collection Notes:
(1) The data are provided in 77 segments [files] per state. The segments are the Geographic Header, Tables P1-P14, P15-P24, P25-P37, P38-P46, P47-P50, P51-P67, P68-P91, P92-P138, P139-P145C, P145D-P145H, P145I-P146F, P146G-P147I, P148A-P149D, P149E-P150I, P151A-P154D, P154E-P159G, P159H-P160E, P16OF-P160I, PCT1-PCT8, PCT9-PCT15, PCT16-PCT17, PCT18-PCT19, PCT20-PCT24, PCT25-PCT27, PCT28-PCT32, PCT33-PCT34, PCT35-PCT37, PCT38-PCT43, PCT44-PCT48, PCT49-PCT51, PCT52-PCT56, PCT57-PCT61, PCT62A-PCT63C, PCT63D-PCT64H, PCT64I-PCT66C, PCT66D-PCT67E, PCT67F-PCT68C, PCT68D-PCT68H, PCT68I-PCT69I, PCT70A-PCT70I, PCT71A-PCT71E, PCT71F-PCT71I, PCT72A-PCT72B, PCT72C-PCT72D, PCT72E-PCT72F, PCT72G-PCT72H, PCT72I-PCT73A, PCT73B-PCT73C, PCT73D-PCT73E, PCT73F-PCT73G, PCT73H-PCT73I, PCT74A-PCT75C, PCT75D-PCT75G, PCT75H-PCT76D, PCT76E-PCT76I, H1-H18, H19-H26, H27-H44, H45-H68, H69-H86, H87-H104, H105-H121, HCT1-HCT3, HCT4, HCT5, HCT6-HCT7, HCT8-HCT14, HCT15-HCT17, HCT18-HCT23, HCT24-HCT31C, HCT31D-HCT36D, HCT36E-HCT40I, HCT41A-HCT43I, HCT44A-HCT44G, HCT44H-HCT47F, and HCT47G-HCT48I. The Geographic Header is in fixed-format ASCII and the tables are in comma-delimited ASCII format. (2) The codebook is provided by the principal investigator as a Portable Document Format (PDF) file. The PDF file format was developed by Adobe Systems Incorporated and can be accessed using PDF reader software, such as the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Information on how to obtain a copy of the Acrobat Reader is provided on the ICPSR Web site.
Original ICPSR Release: 2003-01-10
- 2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 82 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
- 2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 81 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
- 2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 80 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
- 2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 79 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
- 2006-01-12 All files were removed from dataset 78 and flagged as study-level files, so that they will accompany all downloads.
- Citations exports are provided above.
Export Study-level metadata (does not include variable-level metadata)
If you're looking for collection-level metadata rather than an individual metadata record, please visit our Metadata Records page.