Our search indexes the full documentation for datasets, including the variables.
- You can enter a literal research question:
Do children of Asian immigrants speak English in the home more often than children of Latino immigrants?
- Or just keywords:
retirement "health insurance"
- To find studies with specific variables, separate the variables with commas and sort by "Variable Relevance" on the results page.
- A Boolean "and" is inferred with multiple terms.
- Stemming is automatic; do not use an asterisk.
- Search is not case-sensitive.
- Use quotes for phrase searches; use the minus sign to remove items from results:
"election data" -"opinion poll"
More Search Options
- Browse by topic
- Browse by series
- Browse by geography
- Browse by investigator
- Browse international data
- View all studies
ICPSR ensures respondent confidentiality within public-use versions of the datasets. The vast majority of ICPSR data holdings are public-use files with no restrictions on their access. Sometimes the protective measures taken to reduce disclosure risk would significantly degrade the research potential of the data. In these cases, ICPSR provides access to restricted use versions that retain confidential data by imposing stringent requirements for accessing them. (more)