The Bibliography of Data-related Literature is a continuously-updated database of thousands of citations of works using data held in the ICPSR archive. The works include journal articles, books, book chapters, government and agency reports, working papers, dissertations, conference papers, meeting presentations, unpublished manuscripts, magazine and newspaper articles, and audiovisual materials.
Search all ICPSR Citations
ICPSR encourages its users to submit bibliographic citations to data we disseminate. If you would like to add a new citation to our bibliography, please email us at email@example.com.
Benefits of the Bibliography
The bibliography facilitates literature searches by social scientists, students, journalists, policymakers, and funding agencies. They use it to:
- Identify research that has already been undertaken in an area
- Replicate analyses of data
- Avoid duplicating analysis that has already been done
- Identify cross-disciplinary implications and uses of the data
The bibliography is also valuable for studying data as intellectual output. It allows investigators to:
- Study how data resources are used
- Conduct citations analyses
- Investigate the life cycle of data
- Learn more about methodological issues, some of which are covered solely in the published literature