Webinars & Presentations
Orientation to Accessing the Measures of Effective Teaching Longitudinal Database (MET LDB)
MET LDB is ready for analysis! This webinar is the first in a series of four webinars discussing the rich and complex quantitative and video data held within the Measures of Effective Teaching Longitudinal Database at ICPSR, available now for secondary analysis. This first webinar offers an overview of the groundbreaking MET Project, a summary of the data files available at ICPSR, and a description of ICPSR's specialized data access systems.
You can also download this video and the associated slides. The webinar was broadcast September 24, 2013 and is the first of series of four webinars. (The other three are forthcoming.)
ICPSR has prepared a number of video tutorials about MET data available on YouTube. In addition, the American Educational Research Association and MET LDB staff prepared an introductory video on MET (site requires you create a free account).
- A Composite Estimator of Effective Teaching
- Ensuring Fair and Reliable Measures of Effective Teaching: Culminating Findings from the MET Project's Three-Year Study
- Feedback for Better Teaching: Nine Principles for Using Measures of Effective Teaching
- Foundations of Observation: Considerations for Developing a Classroom Observation System That Helps Districts Achieve Consistent and Accurate Scores
- Gathering Feedback for Teaching: Policy and Practice Brief
- Gathering Feedback for Teaching: Research Paper
- Have We Identified Effective Teachers? Validating Measures of Effective Teaching Using Random Assignment
- Learning About Teaching: Policy Brief
- Learning About Teaching: Research Report
- The Reliability of Classroom Observations by School Personnel